My love for zoodles has grown. Zucchini noodles are a great way to get more vegetables into your daily diet, and are extremely low in calories if you are trying to lose weight. Zoodles are relatively easy to make (you just have to buy a spiralizer) and are fun if you have kids. You can even try to trick people into thinking they are real noodles 😉
I have some friends who are pretty picky eaters. Or so they think. I made these zoodles for them a week ago, and it was a success!
Here’s the recipe (enough for 4 servings)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic-chopped or pressed with a garlic press
- 1/4 red onion-diced
- 1/4 C diced green onion
- 3 diced bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 6 zucchini-spiralized (green or yellow, I did 50/50)
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- 1Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lime-squeezed
- 1 Tbsp Fix Sirache sauce
- In a large wok, sauté garlic and red onion in olive oil. Cook until onions are slightly iridescent/soft
- Add bell peppers and freshly grated ginger to wok. Stir and sautee for about 3 more minutes.
- Add spiralized ginger, soy sauce, squeezed lime and sirache into the wok. Stir and sautee for about 3-5 minutes, until zucchini noodles are soft. (you can’t undercook them, since vegetables are okay raw)
- Add cilantro, and stir.
Photography By Nicholas Cahill : http://cahillfilms.com/ (he is AMAZING! I highly recommend checking out his stuff)