I love cucumbers, they are so versatile for salad making! They have a simple fresh flavor that matches pretty much any flavor you add to them.
Cucumbers are oftentimes forgotten for their great nutritional value. One cup can boost your intake of vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, magnesium and manganese. These yummy guys can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies in these vitamins and nutrients, which are widespread with people who eat a typical American diet. Don’t be a typical American! Eat some of this 😉
I made this cucumber salad for a Christmas dinner party, and it was all gone that night.
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced (I used a peeler and peeled strips of the cucumber)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion
- 2C Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4C red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped oregano (or 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt and course black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl That’s it!
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour prior to serving (even better the day after)
You can get creative and add any additional spices you would like, it would go great with beans as well!
-1 Tbsp cyanne pepper
-1 Tbsp Itialian seasoning
-1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
-1 Tbsp sesame seeds
-1/2 can garbanzo beans
-1/2 can kidney beans