It’s been a crazy holiday season! With all of these parties and get togethers, it gets tough to stay on track with eating healthy. I had some fun with making a tasty spiralized carrot recipe. This low calorie recipe is a great side dish for meals, or a great addition for any holiday party spread. It has a slight sweet taste too! It could help curb your want for dessert.
- 8 large carrots, peeled and spiralized (I used organic rainbow carrots)
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 C dried cranberries
- 1/4 C slivered almonds
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- In a large pan, saute carrots in olive oil on medium for about 3 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix together the ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg. Add to carrots and stir.
- Add cranberries and almonds to carrots, stir.
- Add apple cider vinegar and mix.
- Serve warm, or put in fridge overnight for a cold side.
(If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a grater or a carrot peeler to shave the carrots)