Craving pasta? This vegan, gluten free, healthy sweet potato pesto pasta will be a great choice for you and/or your family!
I recently made some fabulous pesto and needed some ideas of what to put it on! First thought, zucchini noodles. Second thought…I purchased a huge bag of sweet potatoes, because…you know, they’re good. I had never made any sweet potato noodles before, and figured this would be the perfect pairing! This dish was definitely a hit. The beautiful colors made the amazing taste even that much better. I hope you enjoy!
- 1/4 C pesto (click link for recipe)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 C purple cabbage
- 1/4 C green onion, diced1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 C cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp water
- Make pesto: see 1/4 C pesto for recipe. (You may use purchased pesto if this is N/A)
- With a spiralizer, make noodles with our sweet potatoes. (You may also use a julienne peeler, but will take more time)
- Heat a large skillet or wok on medium heat, add coconut oil
- When coconut oil is hot, add sweet potato noodles, bell peppers and cabbage to the pan. Toss with tongs to coat the vegetables
- Cook for around 5-10 minutes. You may use 1tbsp of water to help soften the noodles. Cooking time will depend on the texture you prefer. If you like some crunch, 5 minutes, if softer, around 10.
- When noodles are at your desired texture, add pesto sauce, green onion and tomatoes. Toss to mix.
- Serve in bowls with chopped basil, nutritional yeast and hot sauce if you like! Enjoy:)