Pizza is such a popular favorite! Sadly, it’s not your bodies favorite. All of the stuff added to the crust and toppings can reap havoc on your body.
Solution?? Make your own!! I don’t eat dairy, so I made mine with tomato sauce and topped it with tons of veggies. You can do whatever you wish!
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups whole wheat flour (gluten free flour works if gluten-intolerant)
- 1/2 C corn meal
- 1 packet quick acting yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2/3C WARM water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Combine 3/4C wheat flour, 1/2C corn meal, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add water and 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Mix until blended, about 1 minute
- Gradually add enough of the remaining flour until a soft ball is formed. Dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Add maple syrup to dough.
- Knead dough on floured surface, adding more four if needed. Do this for about 4 minutes, until smooth and elastic
- Pat dough down to fill pizza pan
- Add toppings as desired.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, depending on how many toppings are on top.