Well. It is sick season. I was feeling under the weather a but ago. I couldn’t stomach anything. For me to not eat breakfast past 11am is a bad sign. So, of course I go to food to help me. I gathered some sickness fighting ingredients to throw them into a soup. Every ingredient has properties to help your immune system fight off crap and provide your body with power.
This took less than 45 minutes from start to finish as well!
Here’s what I did:
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 5cups low sodium vegetable broth (I used water and a low sodium vegetable bullion cube)
- 1″ fresh ginger, diced small
- 1 medium purple potato, diced into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, diced into coins
- 1 medium parsnip, diced into coins
- 1C cauliflower florets
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- Parsley, 1C chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Sautee onion and garlic in a large pot with olive oil until translucent
- Add vegetable broth to pot and stir
- Gently add the rest of the ingredients to pot (except parsley and lemon)
- Simmer on low for ~25 minutes, or until purple potatoes are tender
- Add chopped cilantro and juice from 1/2 lemon
- Optional: sriracha hot sauce. Because it makes everything better.