Elevated nutrition, for our pets!
We enjoy our healthy treats, why can’t our animals! I’m not the biggest baker, but when your animal turns two…you have to! Right?
I made these pup-cakes with healthy, tasty ingredients that anypuppy can enjoy! Happy 2nd birthday to Tucka!
They were super easy and quick to make as well. I imagine you could tweak a few ingredients to enjoy yourself 😉
Here is the recipe that yields 12 pupcakes: I did not use cupcake liners, instead greased the cupcake tin with olive oil. Let them sit before you take them out of the pan, and remove with a butter knife. If you wish to use liners, omit directions for removing cakes from the tin.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 4 dog biscuits, smashed into crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced into thin slices
- 1 cup soft cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 small biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Grease muffin tin with olive oil (either spray well, or spread around each tin thoroughly with paper towel)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, biscuits, baking powder and mix to combine
- Add eggs, vegetable oil, apple sauce, carrots, honey and peanut butter to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tray, top each with a slice of banana
- Place tray into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (ready when toothpick comes out clean from the center)
- Remove tray and allow to cool completely,
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter.
- When pupcakes are cooled, remove each with a butter knife, scraping around the edges and lifting out.
- Spread frosting onto each pupcake with butter knife or spatula. Garnish with small bone.