Adding protein to your meals and snacks can become a little bit of a challenge when you are trying to eat more healthy! Here is a quick recipe for roasted chickpeas (garbanzo beans). You can eat these alone as a snack, or add them to anything (they’re a great salad topper).
So, here is a basic recipe for roasted curry chickpeas! You can add any kind of flavoring to them as you wish, but I think the curry and chickpea mix is amazing 😉
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Evenly lay rinsed chickpeas onto a paper towel, and let dry for about 15-30 minutes (you can pat them to make the process quicker)
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with olive oil
- Evenly spread chickpeas onto the cookie sheet
- Spray chickpeas with olive oil spray so that they are lightly covered
- In a small bowl, mix curry powder, pepper and salt.
- Add half of the curry powder mixture to the garbanzo beans, shake around on the cookie sheet to evenly disperse.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes (depending on your oven). Toss them every 15 minutes. Since oven temperatures vary, check at 50 minutes to see if crunchy. If they are crunchy, they’re done. If they are still moist, keep them in for another 5-15minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they aren’t burning.
- Remove chickpeas from oven when they are crunchy, give a little spray of olive oil then add the rest of the curry mixture onto the chickpeas. Shake around to evenly disperse. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!
I have a feeling I’ll be making lots of variations of these soon! Keep an eye out 😉