I love using my crockpot year round. These winter months call for foods that warm is up, so I bring this guy out even more often! Crockpots are great if you are super busy and don’t have time to make a fancy dinner. They just require a little bit of prep and then to throw the ingredients into the crock pot. Also a helpful tool if you’re out on an adventure for the day.
Here’s how to make it!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup lentils (if you don’t have lentils available, you can add another 1/2 cup quinoa)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced (see picture for a great way to dice)
- 3 chipotle chilis, chopped (the canned kind in adobo sauce, but do not add extra sauce from the can, only what comes on the chilis when you take them out of the can)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 ounce cans)
- 2 cans diced tomato (14 ounce cans)
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained (15 ounce cans)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15 ounce can)
- 1 can chopped green chilies (4 ounce can)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 bottle of beer
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Optional toppings: lime, green onions, non-fat plain Greek yogurt, salsa)
- Add ALL ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir them together to thoroughly combine
- Cook on high for ~7 hours
- Serve with optional toppings.
- Keep leftovers for 3 days, or freeze for 3 months.