Cornbread is such an amazing touch to meals! (Especially chilli;)
This was a dense one, and not overly sweet. I enjoyed this guy for a whole week. Could feed around 10 people
- 1 cups organic cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup organic whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Bobs Red Mill Masa Harina(or sub 1C cornmeal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1/8cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt salt
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl and wisk together. Put to the side.
- Combine all dry ingredients together (cornmeal, flour, masa, brown sugar, baking powder and salt) in a medium-sized bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup to the almond milk/vinegar and wisk until bubbly.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. If the batter is watery, add a little more flower, if ultra thick, add a littl more almond milk)
- Transfer the batter into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish-sprayed with olive oil (spatulas help a ton here)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 – 35 minutes (finished when a toothpick comes out of the middle clean)