I love simple vegetable side dishes! Having a meal with at least one vegetable helps ensure you’re getting that minimum of 5 servings of fruits and veggies in per day! The more vegetables you get in a day, the better, despite what anybody else says.
Here’s a simple, yummy side dish for pretty much any meal! Total prep and cook time is about 35 minutes, so very doable for those with a tight schedule.
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 1 can olive oil spray
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 lemon, cut in half. Keep one half whole, cut second half into thin slices
- Sea salt
- Coarse ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425*F
- Place cauliflower florets onto a non-stick cookie sheet
- Spray florets with olive oil
- Squeeze half of a lemon over cauliflower, then sprinkle with pressed garlic, and then . Stir around with hands or a wooden spoon to coat the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle ~1tsp of sea salt and a generous amount to coarse ground pepper onto cauliflower and stir.
- Lay thinly sliced lemon ontop of cauliflower.
- Place cookie sheet with cauliflower into oven. Let bake for 20-25 minutes, remove, stir with a spoon, and return to oven.
- Turn oven on broil
- Broil cauliflower for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven when lightly browned, let cool, and enjoy!