March Maddness=parties and munchies everywhere. Avoid the fatty, high calorie finger foods that are being served at most March Madness parties. Eat this instead! Or, just enjoy as a yummy snack for movie watching or between meals 😉
Popcorn is considered a whole grain. Cooked without butter or much oil, this is an excellent low calorie, high volume snack that you can eat without the guilt.
The mixture of lime and Sriracha sauce is delicious. With the Brewer’s yeast slightly salty taste, along with the lime SO good. And easy to make!
Side note on the Brewer’s Yeast! Those who are vegan/vegetarian are oftentimes deficient in B vitamins. Brewer’s Yeast is an excellent source of vitamins B6 and B12. Prevent deficiency and up your energy!
- 2 Tbsp popcorn kernels
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- Sriracha sauce
- Brewer’s yeast (1Tbsp)
- Spray a large pan with olive oil spray and squeeze 1/4 lime into the pan (Make sure your pan has a tight lid with it)
- Add popcorn kernels, and cover.
- Shake constantly over heat. When popcorn begins popping at less than 4 seconds between, it is likely done!
- Remove from heat.
- Squeeze remainder of lime onto popcorn.
- Top with Sriracha sauce and brewers yeast.
(I recently purchased a Twirly Pop–an over the stove popcorn maker that makes this process so much easier! Check them out on Amazon)