Avocados. They are quite amazing. Even more amazing than avocados, guacamole. Making your own guacamole may seem a little intimidating, however, it’s way more simple than you think! Here’s a pretty simple recipe I made using my food processor. It’s doable without one, but the processor makes it just so much more creamy!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 jalapeno-seeded and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, diced without stems
- 2 avocadoes, halved, pits removed (the more ripe the better)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice, fresh squeezed (takes about 1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced and seeded
- Use chopping blade for food processor–add garlic, jalapeno, green onion and cilantro. Pulse to evenly chop (if food processor not available, dice these guys into small pieces)
- Scoop avocado into food processor. Add lime juice and salt.
- Pulse processor on high until you reach a creamy consistency-around 10-15 pulses. (if no food processor available, use a fork to mash avocado until a chunky/creamy consistency)
- Scoop guacamole into a mixing bowl, add tomatoes and mix to evenly distribute.
- Enjoy with some carrot chips, celery, chips, or as toppings to tacos!
Tip to keep it fresh for longer, leave the avocado pit inside. Works like a charm!