Trying to heal an injury? Trying to eat more healthy? Either way, this salad is uch a fun way to get more veggies in. If you’re on the mend, the vitamin C, A and antioxidants from this mixture will accelerate the healing process!
Here is mixture of cabbage, carrots, currants, cilantro, cashews, oh yes. This salad is packed with antioxidants and nutrients from all of these Cs!
I ate it as a meal, but it could be a great side dish or snack as well. No cooking involved!
Here’s how to make it!
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage, cut into slices (see photo)
- 4 rainbow carrots, shredded (peel the outside, then keep using the peeler for the carrot shreds)
- 1/3 C chopped cilantro
- 1/4 C dried currants
- 1/4 C cashews
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Mix all of the veggies in a large bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl (lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil olive oil)
- Add wet ingredients into the mixed veggies and stir.
- Add sesame seeds, salt and brown sugar and mix again
- Enjoy! You can add extra cilantro or sesame seeds on top as well if you would like. The longer it sits, the better :o)