Making fish can be intimidating! Make it less intimidating by using a simple, fail proof recipe, such as this one 😉
Fish is an excellent protein source while providing omega-3 fatty acids to protect your brain. Eating fish 2-3 times a week has been proven in many studies to improve memory, prevent heart disease, and aids in weight loss.
Don’t be scared! Try this simple baked tilapia recipe that makes about 4 servings.
- Olive oil spray, 1 container
- 4 x 4 ounce tilapia fillets
- 2 pink lemons, sliced (you can use regular, however these are sweeter)
- 2Tbsp lemon pepper, or to taste
- 12-16 basil leaves (enough to cover the tilapia)
- 1/2Tbsp tumeric
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Tear off 4 pieces of heavy duty foil, ~12″x12″
- Spray each foil piece with olive oil spray and line with lemon and basil
- Rub each tilapia fillet with lemon pepper, and place each on its own lemon/basil foil piece.
- Lightly sprinkle each with paprika
- Fold foil into a “boat” by rolling edges up to create a seal.
- Place sealed boats onto a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes. Fish done when center is no longer translucent.
- Remove fish from foil and serve along with any veggie you love! I did green beans 😉