I dont know about you, but I love brussels sprouts! (Yes, they are always brussels, even if you eat one). These mini cabbage looking guys are packed with nutrition. 10 sprouts have over 100% of your daily needs, vitamin K (which aids in blood clotting, and helps make proteins for you rblood, kidneys and bones), Plus, these guys are a great source of indole-3-carbinol, a chemical that appears to block gthe growth of cancer cells.
How do I make them? 99.9% of the time, I roast them in the oven. Super easy, and always trun out delicious.
Heres a simple, dilicious recipe that I used for a great side dish for any dinner.
- 6 cups (2 lbs) brussel sprouts, washed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves of galic. minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Sea salt and corse cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 fereinheit
- Mix the brussels sprouts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a bowl.
- Spread brussle sprout mixture on a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until sprouts are crisp and tender.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with honey, and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sat and pepper and enjoy!