You know that rice Chipotle makes? It’s been my favorite. However, I rarely eat out anymore. I have been craving that lime rice flavor! I found some recipes, however couldn’t find one with whole grains. So, I made my own!
I used it in a veggie burrito bowl, but would be great in a wrap or as a side dish. Here’s how to make it!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup brown rice (or you can do 2 cups of one or the other)
- 2tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2Tbsp lime juice
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- 2Tbsp cilantro, chopped finely (I prefer coarse but most like it chopped well)
- 1tsp olive oil
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add quinoa, rice, salt and bay leaf and stir.
- Turn stovetop to low and cover.
- Cook with lid on for 25 minutes, or until water is absorbed
- Remove bay leaf.
- Remove pot from heat-Add lemon juice, lime juice, cilantro and olive oil. Stir to mix it all.