I bought a whole bunch of potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower and my typical go to) is roasting them. Because roated vegetables are amazing. I’d also been craving salmon, so purchased sustainable frozen salmon, and let it thaw in the fridge all day. Wondering how to combine the two, I thought, why not just make one ‘roasted’ dish with these guys and literally cook them combined?
So, that I did! And it was AMAZINGLY good ;P
- 1lb golden potatoes-quartered
- 4 medium carrots-chopped into 1/4″ thick sticks
- 1/2 head cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced into 1/4″ pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- 1Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- Fresh rosemary branches, 4 bunches (these are in the produce isle)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2Tbsp thyme
- 4x 3oz fillets of salmon
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- On a large baking sheet, place potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and onion. Spray with olive oil and season with spray, 1Tbsp rosemary, 1/2 of garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice, remainder of the garlic and thyme
- On baking sheet, spread vegetables to the perimeter of the dish. Add the salmon to the center of the baking sheet (see photograph)
- Spray salmon with olive oil and drizzle with the lemon juice, salt, pepper mixture.
- Place 1 slice of lemon and one rosemary branch onto each salmon filet.
- Bake combined tray for 10 minutes.