Refried beans are sooo yummy! However, typically are made loaded with sodium and fat. Not ideal for a healthy diet. Make some yourself instead! This recipe is super super easy with basically three ingredients. Kidney beans provide lots of fiber, some protein and are very low in fat. Besides being good for you, its really yummy!
You can add this to a tostada, taco, or just have as a side dish! Enjoy;)
- Non-Stick olive oil spray
- 1 16oz can of low sodium red kidney beans, organic version ideal, but any kind works!
- 1/2 C of jarred chunky salsa. Use the spice range you prefer!
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and place on medium-high heat.
- Add red kidney beans and salsa into pan.
- Stir for about 5minutes
- Mash bean mixture and serve! (I used a hand-held potato masher)