I love spaghetti squash!
It’s an excellent substitute to pasta, and a great way to get more vegetables into your day.
What’s so special?
⭐️1 cup of spaghetti squash has about 40 calories (~1/4 of a cup of pasta)
⭐️Spaghetti squash has the fiber that helps lower bad cholesterol
⭐️It is a source of vitamins A, C, K + B vits. These are super helpful for athletes who need muscle recovery! Great for all humans alike.
1) Preheat oven to 400*F
2) Cut squash in half lengthwise (see pictures below)
3) Scoop out seeds with a spoon
4) Place squash face down on a cookie sheet, and put into the oven
5) Cook until tender (about 50min)
6) Remove from oven and let cook for about 20-30 minutes.
7) Scrape out flesh with a fork, it’ll come out in strands
8) Serve! Top with my semi homemade pasta sauce! Or any kind of low fat pasta topping you love;)
One Comment Add yours
It looks fantastic! I was raised on Spaghetti Squash cooked like you’ve referrenced here…
I love it lol Neat thing about it is that it will pick up the flavor of whatever you put on it just like pasta.. I drown mine in butter, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder.. Yummy!
Great article; way to bring back an oldie but a goodie 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person