We have all of these barbeques and get-togethers going on, usually offering those potato/pasta salads loaded with crap. What kind of side salad can we make that’s healthy? I came up with this very simple cucumber salad that hits the spot! Have it on the side of a BBQ, with any meal, or simply as a snack to help amp up your veggie intake! I used the leftovers as a topping for my salad. Yes.
- 2 large cucumbers–peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Splash of liquid aminos
- Pinch of sea-salt and coarse ground pepper
- Slice cucumbers very thin using a mandolin. If you don’t have one, patience and a sharp knife will do! Then, cut the slices into moon shapes (see picture)
- In a medium bowl, add cucumbers, bell peppers and green onion and toss.
- Add apple cider vinegar and a splash of liquid aminos to vegetables, toss to coat
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix again
- Refrigerate salad for ~30 minutes before serving