It’s kind of spring already!! For some reason, I totally crave foods based on the weather and the season (even though in Tahoe it is supposed to snow this week…). With that, I was craving a healthy bean salad. I had made an amazing Chile Cilantro Vinaigrette that I thought would go great into a cold bean salad. Instead of using only beans, I added a ton of colorful veggies to this dish. This added a great crunch and lowered the calories per ounce.
Here is a mixture of black beans, garbanzo beans, corn, bell peppers, cherry and roma tomatoes tossed in my cilantro lime vinaigrette. Highly recommended for any pot-luck, on top of a bunch of greens, or a great make a ton of on Sunday for the week recipe. Heres how to make this guy!
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1/2 can of corn, rinsed (or 1/2C of cooked kernels)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1C of grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced.
- 2Tbsp Chile-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- I also added 1/4 C extra cilantro, because I love cilantro
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients up to the tomatoes and stir gently to mix
- Drizzle Chile-Cilantro Vinaigrette dressing over the veggie mixtures
- Stir to evenly distribute the dressing
- Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper and cilantro as desired
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving for best taste (this lets the dressing marinate the veggies)
- Enjoy as a side, or top on a bed of mixed greens.