Salads are super healthy for you! Those dressings you put on them, however, usually are not. Sadly, many of us sabotage a whole lot of nutritious veggies by adding tons of fat and do not even realize it! How to keep the veggies healthy? Use a low fat, low calorie dressing that you made! Like this Lemon-Cilantro-Vinaigrette, which is super simple. I limit the amount of oil in this dressing to help keep the fat down. The flavor from the other ingredients are plenty!
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 whole Mayer lemons – squeezed to yield 1/4 C of juice (I prefer the Mayer lemon because its a tad bit sweet)
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed (using a garlic press)
- 1/4 C freshly chopped cilantro
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1tsp avocado oil (olive oil would work as well)
- 1tsp agave nectar
- Mix all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour over chopped veggies. That’s it!
Here’s what I used dressing on tonight. Mixed greens, chopped bell peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, corn, garbanzo beans, black beans and more cilantro