Things that make me happy….
I found purple cauliflower again!! That makes me a super happy person. Besides loving purple cauliflower, I also loves tacos. Taco salads, taco tacos, and just taco filling. So, I decided to make a mixture with cauliflower and some chickpeas for protein as a “stuffer.”
This was really not difficult to make! Try it out for taco Tuesday, or any kind of day you want some taco taste.
- 1 head cauliflower, florets
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup plain almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together: almond milk, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt, pepper and cayenne until mixed well/smooth.
- Add cauliflower florets and garbanzo beans to liquid mixture. Mix together until cauliflower and garbanzo beans are well coated.
- Add cauliflower mixture to foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and mix with spoon.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden and soft.
I had these guys stuffed in a corn tortilla with cabbage and avocado. YUM!
The next day, they were added to my egg whites as a scramble.
The next day they were on top of my salad.